LFD Book Forum  

Go Back   LFD Book Forum > Book Feedback - Learning From Data > General comments on the book

Old 07-18-2012, 08:51 PM

Default solutions to the exercises and problems

I'm trying to do the exercises and problems in the book, but I don't know whether my solutions are correct or not. Some of the exercises are also homework problems so I know solutions for them. However, many of the exercises and problems are not homework problems and there are no solutions for them. Is there any way I can know whether my solutions are correct or not?
Thanks
Old 07-18-2012, 11:04 PM
NTU

Default Re: solutions to the exercises and problems

In my own experience, discussing with fellow classmates is a pretty good way to confirm the correctness.
Old 07-28-2012, 02:11 AM

I feel the need of solutions to the remaining exercises as well ... these exercises certainly reinforce my understanding of the concepts covered ...
Old 08-06-2012, 12:17 PM

I am trying to learn the material on my own. I have no fellow students at work to study with me. Is there a way to get hits (even solutions) to selected problems and ex's in the book? I am only interested in this for non-homework and final problems. Mainly, I think some of theory problem/ex are definitely worthwhile to go through and will need some assistance from hits/solutions.
Old 12-14-2012, 07:47 PM

I have the same feeling as vegaman. If there are a solution book, it should be perfect.
Old 04-23-2013, 10:55 AM

Thumbs up Re: solutions to the exercises and problems

Bump this,

would love the solutions to practice exercises just to make sure I am staying on right track

Great course and many thanks to all who put this together

Tim
Old 06-10-2013, 10:19 AM

Given the thread of replies, I take it that there is no answer key for the exercises and problems for the book. Any I correct on this? Just want to make sure I am understanding correctly. Thanks
Old 06-10-2013, 02:05 PM
Caltech

Hi,

There are no published solutions.
Old 06-13-2013, 12:25 AM

Hello

First of all I would like to thank professor Yaser and all the Learning from Data staff for an excellent online course. It was a full and enriching experience.
With everything the course has already taught me, I feel a bit abusive and ungrateful asking for more ... but I just have to .
As others in this thread, I also feel that the answer key would be a great plus to the book. Even more, it is definitely something I would be willing to pay for.
I really hope the possibility of creating an answer key would be something to consider.

Thank you very much again... this course has helped me reinforce my love for machine learning
Old 01-28-2015, 12:05 AM

I have the same concerns as others. If you look at this book as a text book that shall be only discussed in a class room, then it is different story. I am a professional not a student and I am studying this book to enrich my understanding of the topic, I feel confused when I face an exercise that I can't solve and I don't have the time to try every single exercise which creates gaps in my knowledge. Any textbook shall have solved problems to help the learner to be trained to solve the chapter problems.
Please help us in getting the best out of this book.