LFD Book Forum  

Go Back   LFD Book Forum > General > General Discussion of Machine Learning

Old 08-26-2012, 07:36 AM

Question Signals predict

What is the best choise to predict the behavior of "signals" ? For example predict the sin(x) when x known. Our dataset is sin(x) where x from -pi to pi with N of points.

Is the best choice Neural network ? Actually I prefer more simple technique for this question, but dont know exactly what.
Old 09-06-2012, 12:06 PM

Default Re: Signals predict

I have had some thoughts about how to apply signal processing tools to machine learning (and vice versa) too, since I've done some work in DSP. It seems to apply to a certain kind of data, where sampling is uniform, the signal may contain periodic components, so Fourier, wavelet, sinc reconstruction, FIR interpolation, and such may be useful tools. I guess this falls under data pre-processing which was not covered in this course. There were a few mentions of time series data so there is certainly some common ground.

Tags
predict signal