LFD Book Forum  

Go Back   LFD Book Forum > General > General Discussion of Machine Learning

Old 01-26-2018, 12:39 AM

Default Re: A Question about machine learning

artificial intelligence

the theory and development of computer systems able to perform tasks normally requiring human intelligence, such as visual perception, speech recognition, decision-making, and translation between languages.
by : PEC 5th Class Result 2018
Old 01-31-2018, 03:56 AM

Smile Re: A Question about machine learning

Artificial Intelligence is a broad topic and refers to the ability of artificial machines being able to do intelligent things that humans do.

Machine learning is just one particular approach/method of implementing artificial intelligence, of which there could be many in the future. But so far, it is proving to be the most successful approach to AI.

[URL="https://www.bonkersabouttech.com/"]https://www.bonkersabouttech.com/[/URL]
Old 04-28-2018, 09:59 AM

Thumbs up Re: A Question about machine learning

Machine learning is a subset of artificial intelligence. In machine learning, the computer program should "learn" from experience "i.e. given data" such that the overall performance on doing a certain task increase.

An example of that, is given a set of email message that are known to be SPAM and another set of message that are known to be non-spam (ham).
Those data represet the "training examples"
Can a program learn how to whether an email message (even it is not present in the training examples) is spam/ non-spam ?

Other areas of artificial intelligence that are not machine learning focus on aspects like : Knowledge representation, reasoning, logical deduction, and problem solving by search and heuristics.
Old 05-01-2018, 03:30 PM

I have always been interested in machine learning. I am wondering if it is a good profession in the future. That is being a computer engineer majoring in AI machine learning. How is the job opportunity going?
Old 05-01-2018, 08:23 PM
NTU

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennPendic View Post
I have always been interested in machine learning. I am wondering if it is a good profession in the future. That is being a computer engineer majoring in AI machine learning. How is the job opportunity going?
From my observation, the demand for computer engineers who know about AI/ML is rapidly growing.