LFD Book Forum  

Go Back   LFD Book Forum > Book Feedback - Learning From Data > Chapter 3 - The Linear Model

Old 10-13-2014, 09:14 AM

Default Pocket Algorithm

I'm working on coding the pocket algorithm, however I feel I have hit an impasse. I'm not sure if it is a bug in my code or a flaw in the inherent structure of the pocket algorithm, but when testing the code on a known linearly separable data set, the algorithm often 'settles' on a non-optimal weight vector (i.e. one where Ein != 0). I believe this is due to the fact that the algorithm does not allow for weights producing higher values of Ein even if those values may later lead to an even lower Ein.

So, what I'm asking is, should the pocket algorithm always be able to find a linear classifier that separates separable data?
Old 10-13-2014, 12:32 PM
Caltech

Default Re: Pocket Algorithm

Quote:
Originally Posted by mddsangster View Post
I believe this is due to the fact that the algorithm does not allow for weights producing higher values of Ein even if those values may later lead to an even lower Ein.
Pocket in fact does not interfere at all with what is allowed. All it does is record the best PLA solution so far, but otherwise let PLA run as it would otherwise.
Old 05-12-2016, 02:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaser View Post
Pocket in fact does not interfere at all with what is allowed. All it does is record the best PLA solution so far, but otherwise let PLA run as it would otherwise.
really you help me yaser, good job
Old 07-30-2016, 01:14 PM

Türkiye'nin en büyük haber sitesi Son dakika haberler