LFD Book Forum  

Go Back   LFD Book Forum > Book Feedback - Learning From Data > Chapter 4 - Overfitting

Old 05-15-2012, 08:30 AM
Invited Guest

Default Subdued inequalities

Inequalities 4.10 and 4.12 mention that the first (leftmost, I think) inequality of each is "subdued". If these are subdued not only in life, but also typographically, the typographical distinction is not evident in my copy.
Old 05-15-2012, 11:27 AM
RPI

Default Re: Subdued inequalities

Indeed, our apology. It is supposed to be subdued light grey in the text as well. In my copy I can make out that it is subdued, but as you observed, it is easy not to see that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dudefromdayton View Post
Inequalities 4.10 and 4.12 mention that the first (leftmost, I think) inequality of each is "subdued". If these are subdued not only in life, but also typographically, the typographical distinction is not evident in my copy.
Old 05-15-2012, 08:06 PM
Invited Guest

Default Re: Subdued inequalities

No apology needed! I know that the color relationships between the PDF and print versions are being worked out (blue print in particular), so I thought I would mention this place. As I told you in an out-of-forum note, the book is magnificent, so I'm interested in its progress.