LFD Book Forum  

Go Back   LFD Book Forum > Book Feedback - Learning From Data > General comments on the book

Old 10-15-2012, 12:16 AM

Default Will the book become available again?

I have noticed that the book is no longer sold directly by Amazon [1]. I am curious to know, will this ever go back into print?

[1] http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1600490069
Old 10-15-2012, 09:13 AM
Caltech

Default Re: Will the book become available again?

Quote:
Originally Posted by antics View Post
I have noticed that the book is no longer sold directly by Amazon [1]. I am curious to know, will this ever go back into print?

[1] http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1600490069
The book is in fact available at the URL you quote. When did you check and not find it?
Old 10-16-2012, 01:26 AM

I checked about a minute before posting just to be sure, and I've just checked right now.

It is available in the sense that you can buy it from a third party (i.e., an independent seller), but not from Amazon itself. This appears to suggest the book is out of print. Is that not the case?

In either event, the link on the above page leads to this page:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listi...&condition=new

... which is a list of third party vendors.
Old 10-16-2012, 01:28 AM

I should add I'm only asking because I found the lectures to be informative and useful, and I would like to buy the book in a way that benefits the publisher and author directly.
Old 10-16-2012, 04:57 AM
RPI

The book is not out of print. The book is being sold by the publisher through amazon at the link you mentioned (the new book at $28 sold by amlbook.com).

Quote:
I should add I'm only asking because I found the lectures to be informative and useful, and I would like to buy the book in a way that benefits the publisher and author directly.
Old 10-17-2012, 11:03 AM
Invited Guest

Quote:
It is available in the sense that you can buy it from a third party (i.e., an independent seller), but not from Amazon itself. This appears to suggest the book is out of print. Is that not the case?

In either event, the link on the above page leads to this page:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listi...&condition=new

... which is a list of third party vendors.
However, note that for the seller AMLbook it says "Fulfillment by Amazon". If you click that, it explains thusly:

Quote:
Items "Fulfilled by Amazon" are shipped from an Amazon fulfillment center to you. All of our standard shipping rates and policies apply to these items when shipped within the U.S., including FREE Super Saver Shipping on qualifying orders over $25 and Prime shipping. International shipping may not be available for all items.

"Fulfilled by Amazon" items are sent to you via one of our carriers (US Postal Service, UPS, FedEx, and so on.) at whatever delivery speed you choose (standard shipping, 2-day shipping, and so on).

After you place an order, the carrier, ship date, and estimated delivery date for your package will be listed in Your Account and can be found in your shipment confirmation e-mail. If you have a tracking or delivery confirmation number, you can track your package by clicking the "Track packages" link in Your Account.

Amazon also handles all customer service and product returns for "Fulfilled by Amazon" items. If you need assistance with anything, please visit our Help pages by clicking the word "Help" at the top of any page of our website.
There is a description for merchants of how this works here. Basically, the merchant (e.g., AMLbook) has already shipped copies to Amazon. Amazon stores those copies in their warehouse, just like they store the items they themselves sell. When you buy from AMLbook through Amazon, Amazon employees retrieve a copy from the warehouse, pack it, and ship it to you.
Old 07-24-2017, 07:11 AM

The printed version is available on the Amazon, that's for sure. In addition, there is on the Internet spaces PDF format of the book, if someone can not find I can throw off the link. I do not want to give links to the other resources in the first post)
Old 10-05-2017, 08:40 AM

The book is available now. check the link again.