LFD Book Forum  

Go Back   LFD Book Forum > Course Discussions > Online LFD course > General comments on the course

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 09-14-2013, 12:08 AM
cyberwillis cyberwillis is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Brazil, Sao Paulo
Posts: 4
Default I am so Glad to see this course again soon!

Hi again professor Yaser.

I am very happy because I just found this biggest news !

Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 09-14-2013, 07:42 AM
yaser's Avatar
yaser yaser is offline
Caltech
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Pasadena, California, USA
Posts: 1,477
Default Re: I am so Glad to see this course again soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberwillis View Post
Hi again professor Yaser.

I am very happy because I just found this biggest news !

Thank you. I am happy that edX will host the course and make it possible to offer it with manageable time demands on my part.
__________________
Where everyone thinks alike, no one thinks very much
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 09-18-2013, 10:30 AM
Haowen Haowen is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 24
Default Re: I am so Glad to see this course again soon!

Very glad to see it on EdX. I have taken several online courses and this is the best by far.

Some feedback: I see on EdX it's estimated to be about 10 hours per week. This is a good estimate for a well-prepared graduate student at a top school like Caltech. However, for an average working professional, I would estimate it to at least around 15-20 hours per week at peak.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 09-19-2013, 07:21 PM
yaser's Avatar
yaser yaser is offline
Caltech
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Pasadena, California, USA
Posts: 1,477
Default Re: I am so Glad to see this course again soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haowen View Post
Very glad to see it on EdX. I have taken several online courses and this is the best by far.

Some feedback: I see on EdX it's estimated to be about 10 hours per week. This is a good estimate for a well-prepared graduate student at a top school like Caltech. However, for an average working professional, I would estimate it to at least around 15-20 hours per week at peak.
Thank you for the input. We based the 10 hours per week on some feedback, albeit limited. What is the average number of hours per week from your point of view?
__________________
Where everyone thinks alike, no one thinks very much
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 09-20-2013, 11:25 PM
Haowen Haowen is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 24
Default Re: I am so Glad to see this course again soon!

I believe 15 hours on average is a good conservative estimate, in the sense that if a student can ensure that they have 15 hours a week consistently then they can have a reasonable confidence of being able to keep up.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 09-22-2013, 05:27 PM
yaser's Avatar
yaser yaser is offline
Caltech
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Pasadena, California, USA
Posts: 1,477
Default Re: I am so Glad to see this course again soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haowen View Post
I believe 15 hours on average is a good conservative estimate, in the sense that if a student can ensure that they have 15 hours a week consistently then they can have a reasonable confidence of being able to keep up.
Thanks for the input. I will mention the question of hours in my email to the class next week.
__________________
Where everyone thinks alike, no one thinks very much
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 03-24-2017, 08:07 AM
nggroup247 nggroup247 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 2
Default Re: I am so Glad to see this course again soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haowen View Post
Very glad to see it on EdX. I have taken several online courses and this is the best by far.

Some feedback: I see on EdX it's estimated to be about 10 hours per week. This is a good estimate for a well-prepared graduate student at a top school like Caltech. However, for an average working professional, I would estimate it to at least around 15-20 hours per week at peak.

Me too, very glad to see this course on EdX.
Thanks admin.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 05-09-2017, 02:26 PM
Chat Shqip Chat Shqip is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 1
Default Re: I am so Glad to see this course again soon!

Me too, very glad to see this course on EdX.
Thanks administrator.
__________________
[URL="http://www.vizitori.com"]Chat Shqip [/URL], [URL="http://www.vizitori.com"]Chat Shqiptar[/URL],[URL="http://www.shoqeria.net/"]Njohje online[/URL]
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 10-04-2017, 01:17 AM
7haponi 7haponi is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Indonesia
Posts: 2
Default Re: I am so Glad to see this course again soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chat Shqip View Post
Me too, very glad to see this course on EdX.
Thanks administrator.
yeah I am so glad to know this forum..
__________________
Find the best price of Air Conditioner on [url=http://www.hargaac.co.id/]www.hargaac.co.id[/url]
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 10-04-2017, 07:05 AM
subbupd subbupd is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Singapore
Posts: 14
Default Re: I am so Glad to see this course again soon!

You never know dude! I am just an amateur - yet I am upgrading myself because of this forum!

All credit goes to the moderator!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:24 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
The contents of this forum are to be used ONLY by readers of the Learning From Data book by Yaser S. Abu-Mostafa, Malik Magdon-Ismail, and Hsuan-Tien Lin, and participants in the Learning From Data MOOC by Yaser S. Abu-Mostafa. No part of these contents is to be communicated or made accessible to ANY other person or entity.