LFD Book Forum  

Go Back   LFD Book Forum > Course Discussions > Online LFD course > General comments on the course

Old 03-16-2013, 06:28 AM

Default Re: Will this course be offered again in the future?

Prof Yaser, This course was really great. Sometimes we do not realize how we are able to touch people's lives we dont even know and help them.

This course came at a time when I really needed it. Without going into the details, I would like to thank you for bringing this course to us.

If possible, please continue to offer the course in this format. If the time demands are great, you could consider reducing the frequency.

In any case, it was a pleasure to take this course and thanks once again for it
Old 03-16-2013, 01:00 PM
Caltech

Quote:
Originally Posted by ripande View Post
Prof Yaser, This course was really great. Sometimes we do not realize how we are able to touch people's lives we dont even know and help them.

This course came at a time when I really needed it. Without going into the details, I would like to thank you for bringing this course to us.

If possible, please continue to offer the course in this format. If the time demands are great, you could consider reducing the frequency.

In any case, it was a pleasure to take this course and thanks once again for it
Thank you kindly. I will take your suggestion to heart.
Old 03-27-2013, 03:18 PM

There are many excellent courses available from CalTech, MIT, Stanford, and now of course Coursera. It is an interesting time to see this change in education occurring. LFD was one of the best I have participated in and the fact that it is so exhausting for Yaser suggests some limitations in this new method of education. In any case this course is part of a new paradigm and helps to set the bar high. Thanks for the fantastic job done.
Old 03-28-2013, 01:23 AM

Thank you for offering this course once more. I had to drop out of the last session due to time constraints but was looking forward to attempting it again. It's sad that this is the last time it is being offered although I can appreciate the demands are great. So thanks once again for your efforts!
Old 03-30-2013, 03:52 PM
Invited Guest

Will the videos stay on youtube? And the homework problems stay around?

It is often much easier to do when there are deadlines, forcing us to schedule time.
Old 04-07-2013, 07:46 PM

Will this course be offered again in the future? This course's twitter account said that this is the "last session". Does that mean that it won't be offered again?
Old 04-07-2013, 09:02 PM
Caltech

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrixCR View Post
Will this course be offered again in the future? This course's twitter account said that this is the "last session". Does that mean that it won't be offered again?
It is indeed that last session. The videos and homework will continue to be available for self-paced learning.