LFD Book Forum  

Go Back   LFD Book Forum > Course Discussions > Online LFD course > General comments on the course

Old 04-06-2013, 03:45 AM

Question Unable to buy the book...

which I would sorely love to do. I live in Austria but Amazon.de doesn't have it, my family all live in the uk and it's the same with co.uk.

I am also credit-cardless so ordering from the US is also not an option. Is there any other way, perhaps with PayPal?

I'd be grateful for any help!
Old 04-06-2013, 04:00 AM
Caltech

Default Re: Unable to buy the book...

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Cthulhu_Kid View Post
which I would sorely love to do. I live in Austria but Amazon.de doesn't have it, my family all live in the uk and it's the same with co.uk.

I am also credit-cardless so ordering from the US is also not an option. Is there any other way, perhaps with PayPal?

Hi,

Let me first state that the book is not required for the course, and one can rely on the lectures, slides, and the discussion on this forum. Having said that, there is another option to buy the book on the site http://AMLbook.com using paypal, but in quantities that make the shipping cost reasonable.

I am sorry that some people with no access to Amazon US have difficulty getting the book. This is because the book is self-published. We opted for self-publishing because we wanted to keep the price under $30, and publishers wanted to set a price of $70+.
Old 04-06-2013, 05:17 AM

Thank you very much for the prompt reply professor. And there is no need to apologise it is completely understandable. I am sure I will enjoy the course no matter what and I'll pick up the book at some point

And thank you and all the staff for the opportunity to take part in this course!
Old 04-06-2013, 07:54 AM
Invited Guest

Quote:

Might I suggest the possibility of giving the money to someone with a credit card or debit card (which should also be fine) and asking them to order it from the US?
Old 04-06-2013, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elroch View Post
Might I suggest the possibility of giving the money to someone with a credit card or debit card (which should also be fine) and asking them to order it from the US?
Although it's a good idea, the delivery time is over a month, to get it any faster would cost a packet and my second son will be arriving soon, so I think I'll wait
Old 04-06-2013, 01:42 PM
Caltech

Quote:
my second son will be arriving soon, so I think I'll wait
Congratulations! You have the right priorities.
Old 04-06-2013, 01:51 PM

Thank you I hope my boys will be interested in programming as much as I. My oldest can already work any technology he can get his grubby little hands on and he's only 2, so we're off to a good start

Tags
book