View Single Post
Old 09-09-2012, 03:47 PM

Default Re: RBF using a library package?

Quote:
Originally Posted by samirbajaj View Post

I was wondering if anyone knew of a library/package like libsvm for regular RBF's that I could use to validate the results I'm getting.

PS - On an unrelated note, these simulations are bringing my 2-year-old Mac down to its knees...vectorized code or not.
Yes, there is no question that the amount of number crunching required is enormous -- I had thought I had a fast machine but now I know better.

I've learned a huge amount about constrained optimization and SVM by rolling my own code (I don't learn anything unless I do it hands on) but, truth be told, there aren't any simple test data sets out there that I have found. I just use a simple 2D triangular test pattern ( (-1,-1) (0,1) (1,-1) ) with a constant hypothesis at Y=0 as a baseline confirmation that the kernel classification process is correct.

I had the impression from earlier discussions that SVMLIB has various RBF options. There is a web site featuring a C# port of SVMLIB and the guy at that site had some test files he brought over from the SVMLIB site. There are many domain-specific SVMLIB data files at the SVMLIB site also.