LFD Book Forum

LFD Book Forum (http://book.caltech.edu/bookforum/index.php)
-   The Final (http://book.caltech.edu/bookforum/forumdisplay.php?f=138)
-   -   Q21 (http://book.caltech.edu/bookforum/showthread.php?t=4115)

msram 06-11-2013 10:46 AM

Re: Q21

Thank you so much Professor. After doing this course, my confidence in machine learning has grown significantly. :bow:

Ram

yaser 06-11-2013 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by msram (Post 11114)
Thank you so much Professor. After doing this course, my confidence in machine learning has grown significantly. :bow:

Ram

Thanks, Ram. Glad to hear.

OlivierB 06-12-2013 02:20 PM

Thank you VERY MUCH for this great course ("the real course, not a watered down version") !! Indeed, it proved more work than I anticipated, but I feel what I learnt will stay. Clearly, it was way better than just a collection of recipes. I found the approach the very right balance between theory and practice. I appreciated the learning path your have chosen, the rigor in each reasoning step (going as far as possible with intuition and then calling out clearly identified mathematical methods), and hey, they were entertaining !! I found the book a very useful reference too. All in all, close to perfect, in my view. Here is the grade I would give you: 9.99/10 :D

Having been able to follow this superb course 9 time zones away from Caltech, while I have quite a busy life is a marvelous feast of technology !

I understand this is the final session of the course. I was just about to strongly recommend it... May I ask why ? Too much time to conduct ? Are you busy on other projects ? Or are you thinking of changing the format ?

Anyway, I sincerely thank you and your team !
Olivier

yaser 06-12-2013 02:45 PM

Thank yoiu for your kind words.

Quote:

Originally Posted by OlivierB (Post 11139)
I understand this is the final session of the course. I was just about to strongly recommend it... May I ask why ? Too much time to conduct ? Are you busy on other projects ? Or are you thinking of changing the format ?

The course will continue in a self-paced mode, both on iTunes U and on the course site, so please feel free to let others know. This forum and the Machine Learning Video Library will also continue.

The reason I am not offering more regular sessions is the significant time demand they pose. I do not wish to offer a session without attending to it properly.

robbinsleep 03-12-2016 06:54 AM

Looking forward to use what I have learned. Thanks again

Robbin