LFD Book Forum

LFD Book Forum (http://book.caltech.edu/bookforum/index.php)
-   The Final (http://book.caltech.edu/bookforum/forumdisplay.php?f=138)
-   -   Thanks (http://book.caltech.edu/bookforum/showthread.php?t=4317)

Michael Reach 05-27-2013 03:46 PM

Thanks

Thank you so much, professor! I learned a whole bunch. The lectures were excellent and organized.
And I can imagine that by the n-th iteration of the course, you could have turned it on with the new dates, sat back, and let the whole thing run. Let other people answer each other's questions on the forum; that seems to be the norm in every other MOOC I've taken. Instead, you have been haunting the forum, answering every question in real time. Presumably you have other things to do...
Anyhow, thanks a lot.

Elroch 05-27-2013 05:31 PM

Re: Thanks

I second the vote of thanks. Our lecturer is a true master at training our biological neural networks efficiently. ;) And it's great to be inspired by his two illustrious co-authors as well.

It's sad the course is coming to an end, but I'll be glad to be able to build on the foundation for decades to come.

yaser 05-27-2013 05:50 PM

Thank you kindly. I also appreciate your contributions to the forum which made the discussions lively and substantive.

While regular sessions are coming to an end, the course material will be available for people who want to take the course at their own pace. I did not want to offer a session without properly attending to it, and the time demands have made that difficult. Of course the alumni of the course are welcome to take part in future discussions on this forum with new participants, as some have done in the past.

Ziad Hatahet 06-11-2013 12:01 AM

I third that notion! Excellent course, and probably the best online course I have taken so far.

Thank you Professor Yaser.

yaser 06-11-2013 12:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ziad Hatahet (Post 11100)
I third that notion! Excellent course, and probably the best online course I have taken so far.

Thank you Professor Yaser.

Thank you, Ziad.

chiraz 06-11-2013 01:39 AM

Quite surprisingly there is not enough thanks on this forum.

OK, so I hope I speak for everyone here when I say this was a great course, and not just in terms of the quality of the material; the delivery was quite outstanding too (the simple analogies, the humor, the geneuine enthusiasm). So alf:) thank you professor Yaser for your generosity, and for allowing us poor non-Caltech-ers a glimpse of the genuine Caltech course experience. I could tell this was no watered down version of the course.

jforbes 06-11-2013 02:02 AM

I'd also like to say thank you for a course well-designed, well-executed, and available to all. Thanks to those who put in so much effort to make it happen. As a Caltech alum, I'll add that this is among the best Caltech classes I've taken :-)

yaser 06-11-2013 02:12 AM

Much appreciated.

Dorian 06-11-2013 09:38 AM

Dear Professor,

thank you so much for the great course and for putting a lot of effort into making it public!

Your weekly lectures will be missed, but fortunately they are still online such that we can refresh the material :)

best regards,
Dorian.

doneit 06-11-2013 11:31 AM

To the Professor, assistants and course funders, thank you all! Tough course but enjoyable... well, apart from a headache or two :D Also thanks to other other students who chipped in with tips and advice. The course was a lot broader and deeper than I was expecting and I'll be digesting the info for some time to come. I'm very grateful for the opportunity and glad that I stuck it out to the end.

Best Regards.