LFD Book Forum

LFD Book Forum (http://book.caltech.edu/bookforum/index.php)
-   General comments on the book (http://book.caltech.edu/bookforum/forumdisplay.php?f=113)
-   -   Availability Outside the USA? (http://book.caltech.edu/bookforum/showthread.php?t=520)

biopsi 05-20-2012 03:42 PM

Availability Outside the USA?

Hi,

I just wanted to ask whether there are any non-US-retailers who offer the book? I've tried local amazon, amazon.co.uk, but no luck. Basically, I would not mind ordering from the US, if there were not always the same problems with customs.

Bests

dudefromdayton 05-20-2012 04:18 PM

Re: Availability Outside the USA?

Amazon fulfills these orders directly, so it's not a mom and pop shipping operation. Do they not do well in the UK shipping from the US? That's interesting.

yaser 05-20-2012 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by biopsi (Post 2259)
Hi,

I just wanted to ask whether there are any non-US-retailers who offer the book? I've tried local amazon, amazon.co.uk, but no luck. Basically, I would not mind ordering from the US, if there were not always the same problems with customs.

Bests

The book is available from Amazon at US, but not from the international Amazon branches. Quite a number of people have already ordered it from the UK in particular, and I have not heard of any customs issues.

biopsi 05-20-2012 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dudefromdayton (Post 2262)
Amazon fulfills these orders directly, so it's not a mom and pop shipping operation. Do they not do well in the UK shipping from the US? That's interesting.

It might be different in the UK than it is in other European countries, but there of course is a custom limit if you import items from the US, no matter whether you buy from amazon or a small retailer. The annoying thing for people living in Austria (like me) is that you pay a completely disproportional additional fee to the Austrian post service aside from the marginal custom-tax.

Quote:

Originally Posted by yaser
The book is available from Amazon at US, but not from the international Amazon branches. Quite a number of people have already ordered it from the UK in particular, and I have not heard of any customs issues.

Thanks for the info, I'll just give it a try then.

invis 08-03-2012 12:03 AM

Is it possible to buy this book not from Amazon ? Cause:
We're sorry. This item can't be shipped to your selected destination. You may either change the shipping address or delete the item from your order. :(

I am from Moscow, Russia

htlin 08-10-2012 07:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by invis (Post 3791)
Is it possible to buy this book not from Amazon ? Cause:
We're sorry. This item can't be shipped to your selected destination. You may either change the shipping address or delete the item from your order. :(

I am from Moscow, Russia

We checked with Amazon US and it appears that the book can be shipped to Russia. If the problem persists, please send an email to lfdbook@gmail.com with the full address you intend to ship to, or to the customer service of Amazon ( https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/conta...questions.html ). Thank you and sorry about the trouble.

jlaurentum 05-09-2013 07:20 PM

Hello All:

I am in Venezuela. I ordered my copy from Amazon 3 days ago and it arrived today at my house. I am very favorably impressed about the speed of the shipment, not to mention the quality of the book itself. Thank you Professor Yaser for making such a high quality educational material (I mean the book, the video lectures and this course in general) available to so many people worldwide.

yaser 05-09-2013 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jlaurentum (Post 10790)
Hello All:

I am in Venezuela. I ordered my copy from Amazon 3 days ago and it arrived today at my house. I am very favorably impressed about the speed of the shipment, not to mention the quality of the book itself. Thank you Professor Yaser for making such a high quality educational material (I mean the book, the video lectures and this course in general) available to so many people worldwide.

You are most welcome on behalf of myself and my co-authors Professors Magdon-Ismail and Lin. I am pleased to hear about the speed of delivery, which has been an issue for some of our international readers.

davidrounick 05-14-2013 12:16 PM

I'm from Canada and I ordered it from Amazon no problem.

- David Rounick

yaser 05-14-2013 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davidrounick (Post 10829)
I'm from Canada and I ordered it from Amazon no problem.

Thank you for the information. Just to make sure, was this purchased through Amazon USA to a Canada mailing address?